Sunday, January 8, 2012

200 Toronto Things: (4) a play, (5) rotis and (6) another grocery store

I've lived in Toronto for a few years, but have never made it to the Fringe festival. It isn't Fringe time, but as an offshoot, the Next Stage Theatre Festival is on. Friday night, I headed to see a play at the Factory Theatre.

I saw Hyponogogic Logic, which my tongue kept tripping over. (Hypnogogic - just sounds weird, doesn't it?)

 The play was pretty funny. It started slow, and I was afraid it would be terrible, but it picked up, and was quite fun. $15 well spent.

Before heading to the play, I stopped to eat rotis at Gandhi.

Gandhi is widely considered to be delicious, and it really, really is.

 I got the mixed vegetable roti. (So, once upon a time, I swear these rotis were bigger. They've gotten smaller. Still enough for two meals, though.)


After dinner and the play, I was wandering on Queen West, and spied the new Loblaws. Curious, I went in.

This is the famed wall of cheese. Kind of like Amsterdam.



 The grocery store was very fancy, especially since I'm used to my crappy Metro. There was a bread wall, a cupcake wall, and a wall of other random products that I originally thought was a pasta wall, but it wasn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment