Thursday, April 26, 2012

200 Toronto Things: A Friday night walk, with a snack beforehand

Friday - April 20, a day-long meeting had left me pretty wrung out. I was in the mood for nothing. A friend suggested a walk, and I agreed - the weather was nice, and I'd been sitting in a meeting room all day.

Before the walk though, I needed sustenance, Caribbean style.


Given this place is minutes away from my home, I'm not sure why I'm not there all the time. We got 4 appetizers between the two of us and shared. Everything was really tasty, in a nice, mellow, not-fancy, home-style kind of way.

Once that was done, the walk. We headed north on Yonge and turned eastward at the very pretty Alexander Muir memorial gardens. (Side story - one day in the very distant past, I headed on a walk to Lawrence, stopping at every store on the way. When I got to the gardens, I went in on impulse. It was gorgeous, and I was quite alone. I've been telling my parents to visit ever since then, but they've yet to go.)

It's still pretty early for flowers, but there was this tree.



We then proceeded to keep going, and walked till we reached Mount Pleasant. (Not a huge walk, but a good stroll. It was dusk by then, and we decided to head out of the woods.)

There was noone on the trails, yet again. Adjoining this park are many very rich homes (old money, in the multiple-millions.) They were all gorgeous, some were set on a hill, with stairs cut on the hillside. I wanted to live in each one of them. Toronto! Most of the time, I'm ok, I make enough money to cover my needs without thinking about it, but then you walk in some neighborhoods, and you realize that there's vastly different levels of income in this city.






No comments:

Post a Comment