Thursday, April 26, 2012

200 Toronto Things: Snacks at Kensington, and a late dinner at Zeitoun

ETA: It's all coming back to me. I'd taken the Friday afternoon off, because I was eating lunch at Banu. I'd then wandered through several shoe stores on Queen West, and bought a ton of fabric (gulp!) before heading to Kensington.

Back in the time tunnel, one Friday evening (Feb 3), I decided I needed to wander through Kensington market. (I often decide I need to wander through Kensington market, it's because it's rather awesome. )

Anyway, I did some wandering, and obviously, I can't remember very much of it,  since it was Feb 3. I do remember going to Moonbeam though, for a coffee and a snack, and eating a boreka.

I also remember my boreka having very little olives in it, though it was otherwise quite delicious.

Post Kensington wandering, it was relatively early, and I headed to the Only Cafe, a favorite of mine, for a beer festival. It was a relatively warm night, and the patio was packed! Since Michael was hosting the event, I decided to leave him to struggle there, and headed for the warmth and uncrowdedness of the inside.

Since you can bring in food at the Only (I love this place!) - I brought in food from Zeitoun, next door. A veggie pide - it was delicious.

I'm afraid to say that upon leaving the Only, I stopped back into Zeitoun for more food. Such greed! I got a salad, a sandwich and some lentil soup. They were all delicious. Although Zeitoun is one of those places I only go to when I'm at the Only, it really deserves a bit better treatment. (No photos of food, because, well, I ate it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment