Friday, March 9, 2012

200 Toronto Things: A walk on Roncesvalles, including () Tibetan food and () a coffee shop

Wednesday (March 7) was beautiful and warm (>10C in March? Amazing!). To celebrate, I took the afternoon off, headed to Dundas West station, and devoted much of the afternoon to wandering on Roncesvalles.

Much of the wandering was aimless - I went into a few antique stores (on Queen, near Roncesvalles), there was a bedding store that was getting rid some of its fabric samples for $2 a pound, and I bought some scraps to make cushion covers, etc. But I made two stops that count - I ate lunch at a different Tibetan restaurant, ShangriLa, and got coffee at a nice little coffee shop on Queen and Roncesvalles.


For lunch, we ordered fried cauliflower, vegetarian momos and fried rice. The portions were huge, and the food was delicious - simple, homestyle cooking, done well.


The coffee was pretty good too, but the best bit about this coffee shop was they had a lovely wood table, nice and big, with the ability to seat ~10 people. The kind I dream of having. Is there anything better than big wooden tables?

No comments:

Post a Comment