Friday, March 9, 2012

200 Toronto Things: Winterlicious lunch at Banu

Way back in the time tunnel (Feb 3), I played hooky from work, and had lunch with the Toronto Foodaholics not-so-Anonymous. 

We went to Banu, an Iranian restaurant around Queen and Bathurst that never seems to be open. (Except, oddly, during Winterlicious and Summerlicious.)




The food was really, really good, though the portions were a tiny bit small. (Not really, but you get used to eating tons of food in North America, and then, when someone brings you the amount of food you should eat, the horror!)


Christine takes tons of pictures, and since she was there, I was encouraged to pull out my phone as well, and take pictures of the food, something I tend to avoid doing...

The good thing about Christine being vegetarian - we ordered different things and just shared. But I ordered the beet salad (the leaves are mint, not lettuce, interesting!)



 They'd run out of the stew, and so they made me an eggplant dish. It doesn't look like much, but it melted in my mouth - it was so good!


For dessert, I had the almond balkava cake, which was much more like an almond cake. Very dense, and very yummy.


Once I was done with that, I bought a ton of fabric since I was in the neighborhood. Bad Reethi!

No comments:

Post a Comment